Local Governing Board
St Edmund’s Girls’ School became part of a multi-academy trust called Magna Learning Partnership on 1st April 2017, together with Wyvern College and The Trafalgar School at Downton. Sarum Academy has since joined Magna Learning Partnership.
Each school in Magna Learning Partnership has a Local Governing Body (LGB) which provides focused governance at a local level. Membership of each LGB includes at least two parents, together with staff and community representation. LGBs are committees of the Magna Learning Partnership Board of Trustees.
Composition of the Local Governing Body
|Governor Name||End Term of Office Date||Governor Type|
|1.||Mr Martyn Jones||01.09.18||Governor|
|2.||Mrs Emma Adams||02.09.18||Parent Governor|
|3.||Mrs Helen Adams||02.09.18||Parent Governor|
|4.||Miss Linda Knapp||31.05.20||Governor – Foundation|
|5.||Mrs Claire Reavill||11.12.20||Governor/Chair of Board|
|6.||Mr Barry Lewis||05.09.21||Governor – Foundation|
|7.||Mrs Emma Mabey||05.09.21||Governor|
|8.||Rev Kelvin Inglis||30.10.21||Governor – Foundation|
|9.||Mrs Nicola Bull||Staff – Ex Officio|
|Clerk||Mrs Carina Sawyer|
The role of the Local Governing Body is to:
- Enable strong leadership in teaching and learning within the school by providing support and challenge to the leadership team within the context of the Magna Learning Partnership (MLP) Strategic Plan in so far as it relates directly to the individual school and its School Development Plan.
- Promote the individual ethos and values of the school and the wider ethos of the trust within the local community.
- Monitor and evaluate school performance against agreed targets.
- Provide oversight, monitoring and challenge of the school budget.
- Set up, approve and review LGB sub committees and their terms of reference.
- Act as a conduit for concerns, recommendations and sharing success between the local community and the Trust.
- Determine the individual school admissions policy (in line with the overarching MLP Admissions Policy).
- Sit on panels for the recruitment of staff (in the case of recruitment of a Headteacher in conjunction with the Executive Headteacher and a member of the Standards Committee).
- Sit on panels to support the Headteacher in making decisions on admissions, exclusions, disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Along with a member of the Standards Committee and the Executive Headteacher, the LGB Chair will support the Headteacher during an Ofsted inspection and for Church Schools during a SIAMs inspectionThe LGB Chair will support the designated lead safeguarding officer in the event of any safeguarding disclosure and provide support in ensuring that safeguarding policy is adequate and observed within the school, including carrying out internal audits.