The government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address inequalities amongst young people and their families which put some students at risk of educational disadvantage. Schools are at liberty to decide how best to use this Pupil Premium money for the benefit of students who need it most.
We aim to use the Pupil Premium funding to support us in our aim to ensure that every student has an equal opportunity to succeed. We will do this by:
- maximising student academic success;
- ensuring the best possible learning experiences for all of our students;
- supporting students’ well-being and behaviour;
- ensuring equality of access to the curriculum and enrichment opportunities;
- supporting parents of students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of our pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals (FSM) or who belong to military families will be socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. This means that not all children receiving Pupil Premium funding will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at any one time.
Please open the documents below, which show how we are spending the pupil premium grant, and how we are ‘closing the gap’ for those students who are thought to be at an educational disadvantage.
Pupil Premium Information
Click on the links below for information
Pupil Premium Catch Up Funding 2018 – 19:
Free School Meals
Could your daughter be eligible for Free School Meals (and therefore Pupil Premium)?
Please check to see if you may be eligible, and remember that if your application is successful St Edmund’s receives funding which will enable us to support your daughter in other ways, such as music lessons, revision resources and enrichment.
Even if you are not sure if you qualify, it is worth making an application and we can help if necessary.