Our house system brings students of different age groups together and creates a supportive family feel. There are considerable benefits associated with a house system:
- A student focus: each student is treated as an individual – not just one more student in a large year group.
- A caring, supportive environment: each student becomes a valued member of a small ‘family unit’ within a larger ‘family’ within the whole school.
- Each student’s individual strengths can be built within a group, and this she is able to bond with students of all ages.
- Peer support is encouraged to combat bullying.
- Promotion of the ‘Student Voice’, Student Responsibility, Team skills, Leadership skills and Co-operation.
- Development of personal and social skills.
St Edmund’s has 6 houses, each named after an inspirational woman. Our houses are Marie Curie, Anne Frank, Elizabeth Garrett, Helen Keller, Florence Nightingale and Rosa Parks.