Students need to look smart and abide by the school’s stipulated uniform expectations, both on the way to and from school and during the school day. Uniform will be checked by the tutor each day and by teachers throughout each day. No other variations of the school uniform regulations (below) are permitted; please consult with the school if you require any additional advice or guidance before making purchases. All items of clothing must be clearly named.
If you have any queries concerning our uniform and/or appearance expectations please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year 7, 8, 9 & 10
The following items must only be purchased from the school uniform supplier, Price & Buckland: Price & Buckland Uniform
- Blouse: Tailored, sky blue blouse with ¾ sleeves and school logo
- Polo Shirt (optional, to be worn in Terms 5 & 6 only): Sky blue, short sleeved, with school logo
The following item must only be purchase from the school uniform supplier, Scholars:
- Skirt: St Edmund’s tartan. No shorter than 2 inches above the knee. The skirt must not be rolled up
The following items can be purchased from any provider:
- Trousers: Smart, navy blue tailored trousers. Trousers cannot be made from Lycra or stretch fabric.
- Jumper/Cardigan: Navy blue V neck jumper or cardigan (not excessively long or short). Jumpers and cardigans must be plain knit not sweatshirt (no cable, large knit or other pattern, or any logos)
- Socks: Must be plain white, navy or black
- Tights: Must be plain navy or black (opaque) or natural. No leggings
- Shoes: Must be black only, smart and must be polishable. Maximum heel height 2”. No sandals. Canvas shoes, trainers, trainer-style shoes or shoes with logos are not acceptable. No boots are allowed except in severe weather conditions
- Outerwear: Coats or jackets must be plain, smart and fit for purpose. No denim or leather jackets. No hooded sweatshirts will be permitted
Years 7-9 Compulsory:
- PE Polo shirt: navy blue with house colours and school logo (purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Either Skort or Shorts: Navy blue mesh Skort (purchased from Price & Buckland) or navy blue plain shorts.
- Either Tracksuit bottoms or Sports Leggings: Navy blue Tracksuit bottoms, plain in design, no large writing down the side, or Black plain sports leggings (no large writing down the side).
- PE Sweatshirt: Royal Blue PE sweatshirt with school logo (purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Thermal Base: Plain navy/white or black thermal base layer.
- Socks: Navy blue football/hockey socks or white sports socks.
- Trainers: Laced up trainers (any colour).
- Football or rugby boots
Optional dance kit (all years):
- Black sports leggings (same as PE), plain black t-shirt
Highly recommended additional items (all years):
- Waterproof jacket: Plain navy, fleece lined zip jacket for wet or cold weather (purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Plain navy fleece
- Navy waterproof jacket
- Shin pads: for girls in Years 9 – 11 who choose football as a sport
Years 10 & 11
The same as above with the exception of:
- KS4 can wear coloured/patterned sports leggings.
It is not compulsory for KS4 students to have a skirt or shorts.
All students must tie their hair back with a hair band (not a ‘scrunchie’) for PE lessons and enrichment clubs. No jewellery should be worn.
All students MUST get changed for PE even if they have been excused for illness. The only exceptions are when students: are in a plaster cast, on crutches, back or neck injury or a recent operation which required stitches.
- Students may wear a watch, a cross or St Christopher on a fine chain, and one pair of small sleepers or small studs for pierced ears – in lobes only
- Nose studs, eyebrow studs, tongue studs, studs in the top of the ear or any other facial or body piercing jewellery are not allowed. Plastic retainers are also prohibited. All such body jewellery must be removed; covering them with plasters is not acceptable
- No rings are permitted
- No visible body piercing apart from one set of earrings
- Long hair should be tied back for health and safety reasons in practical lessons
- No extremes of hair style or fashion are acceptable, including the beading of hair and cutting below a number 2 grade
- If hair is dyed, it must be dyed a natural hair colour
- The discreet use of make-up is allowed in Years 10 and 11 (no coloured eyeshadow or lipstick/gloss, no heavy eyeliner or eyebrow makeup)
- The wearing of coloured nail varnish or acrylic nails is not allowed
- Baseball caps, hats and hoods are not allowed and must be removed upon entry to indoor spaces
The school cannot accept any liability for clothing and possessions, including mobile telephones and other electronic devices, including occasions where they are stowed in lockers or locked rooms. The School will only accept responsibility for items where it has agreed to do so, such as if items are handed into the PE staff for safekeeping during the lesson. Please make sure all uniform and PE kit is labelled clearly.
Lost property is handed to reception where we will make every effort to reunite it with its owner. Students should check at reception if they have mislaid items.