All uniform except for the new St Edmund’s check skirt (see information below) can be purchased through our suppliers, Price & Buckland. Click on the link below to access their website:
Click HERE for frequently asked questions relating to the Price & Buckland website.
Students need to look smart and abide by the school’s stipulated uniform expectations, both on the way to and from school and during the school day. Uniform will be checked by the tutor each day and by teachers throughout each day. No other variations of the school uniform regulations (below) are permitted; please consult with the school if you require any additional advice or guidance before making purchases. All items of clothing must be clearly named.
A new school skirt is to be introduced from September 2017; this will be compulsory for all students in Years 7, 8 and 9 and also for Year 11 Prefects. We also would prefer that all Year 10s wear the new skirt, given that this new one should last the final two years of school. It is a much better quality skirt than our current one and the girls who have tried it tell us that it is much more comfortable.
All girls will still have the option of wearing navy blue trousers (see below).
The new skirt is easy to wash (no fabric conditioner please) and can be hung up to dry; if this is done, the skirt will require no ironing. Although more expensive than the old navy skirt, the new skirt is of excellent quality and should represent better value for money in the long term; it will also look much smarter. The price for smaller sizes will be £26.50, and for waist sizes 30” upwards the price will be £29.00.
Click HERE for news of the Pop Up shops in August and September.
Girls who have already purchased new skirts may wear them this term. Please note that all skirts must be of an appropriate length, and no more than a couple of inches above the knee.
The following items of uniform can only be purchased from Price & Buckland and can be ordered online (see link at top of this page).
Blouse: Tailored, sky blue blouse with ¾ sleeves and school logo and Polo Shirt (optional, to be worn in Terms 5 & 6 only): Sky blue, short sleeved, with school logo.
The following items of uniform can be purchased from any provider:
- Trousers: Smart, navy blue tailored trousers. Trousers cannot be made from Lycra or stretch fabric.
- Jumper/Cardigan: Navy blue V neck jumper or cardigan (not excessively long or short). Jumpers and cardigans must be plain knit (no cable or other pattern, or any logos).
- Socks: Must be plain white, navy or black.
- Tights: Must be plain navy or black (opaque) or natural. No leggings.
- Shoes: Must be black only and smart. Maximum heel height 5cm/2”. No sandals. Canvas shoes, trainers, trainer-style shoes or shoes with logos are not acceptable. No boots except in severe weather conditions. In normal weather conditions boots may be worn to and from school but must be stored in lockers during the school day, when shoes must be worn.
- Outerwear: Coats or jackets must be plain, smart and fit for purpose. No denim or leather jackets. No hooded sweatshirts will be permitted.
PE Kit (Compulsory)
- PE Polo shirt: Navy blue with house colours and school logo (purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Shorts/Skort: Navy blue mesh (purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Socks: Navy blue football/hockey socks and white sports socks for indoors.
- Trainers: black or white trainers (not plimsolls) with laces and non-marking sole.
PE Kit (Optional)
- Sweatshirt: Royal blue PE sweatshirt with school logo (purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Waterproof jacket: Plain navy, fleece lined zip jacket for wet or cold weather (purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Tracksuit bottoms: Navy blue, plain in design (white stripe down the side is permitted).
- Sports leggings for wear in PE lessons: Plain black, for Years 10 and 11 only (must be sports type leggings). A small, white stripe down the side and/or small sports logo is permitted. No coloured stripes/writing/large logos.
- For dance lessons only: Instead of the usual PE kit, girls in all years may wear plain black leggings with a plain black T-shirt.
- Sports Squad hoodie: Sky blue (only for those in a sports squad; purchased from Price & Buckland).
- Students may wear a watch, a cross or St Christopher on a fine chain, and one pair of small sleepers or small studs for pierced ears – in lobes only.
- Nose studs, eyebrow studs, tongue studs, studs in the top of the ear or any other facial or body piercing jewellery are not allowed. Plastic retainers are also prohibited. All such body jewellery must be removed; covering them with plasters is not acceptable.
- No rings are permitted.
- Long hair should be tied back for health and safety reasons in practical lessons.
- No extremes of hair style or fashion are acceptable, including the beading of hair.
- If hair is dyed, it must be dyed a natural hair colour.
- The discreet use of make-up is allowed in Years 10 and 11 only.
- The wearing of coloured nail varnish or acrylic nails is not allowed.