Our ambition is that every student is happy at school so that they can fulfil their potential to achieve not only academically but in every way, thus equipping them for future life.
This can only be achieved through partnership with parents and carers, and by students also taking responsibility.
Wyern St Edmund’s undertakes to:
- care for your child’s safety and happiness;
- ensure that your child achieves their full potential as a valued member of the school community;
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum and meet the individual needs of your child;
- ensure high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships and developing a sense of responsibility;
- keep you informed about general school matters and about your child’s progress in particular;
- be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of the school;
- enable your child to make decisions based on Christian values;
- communicate effectively regarding expectations and goals regarding home learning.
We ask that parents and carers:
- ensure that their child goes to school punctually and is properly equipped;
- inform the school as soon as reasonably possible of any unforeseen absence;
- make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect their child’s work or behaviour;
- respect our policies and guidelines for behaviour and uniform;
- support their child in home learning and other opportunities for learning at home;
- attend parents’ meetings and discussions about their child’s progress;
- get to know about their child’s life at school and respond to communications.
Students are expected to:
- attend school and be punctual;
- bring all the equipment they need every day;
- be wearing the correct school uniform when at school and when travelling to and from school;
- do all their classwork and home learning as well as they can and on time;
- be polite and helpful to others and follow the school’s code of conduct;
- make sure that all information to and from school is personally delivered.