Teacher of Science
We require an outstanding teacher (with a good sense of humour), to join the Science Department at the Wyvern St Edmund’s Learning Campus from January 2021. The successful candidate will join an outward-facing, passionate and supportive team in an innovative environment where two schools (one boys’ and one girls’) have co-located to share facilities and teachers to create a large mixed setting of approximately 1300 students.
- A permanent, full time post
- Required from 1st January 2021, or sooner if available
- Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 15th October 2020
- Competitive salary and Recruitment/Retention bonuses available for an outstanding candidate
- Interviews will be held week commencing 19th October 2020
MLP Assistant Estates Manager
(52 weeks per year, 25 days holiday, Grade L, £34,728 – £37,890)
About Magna Learning Partnership
Magna Learning Partnership is a group of secondary schools, one sixth form college and primary schools in the Salisbury and surrounding area.
Our strength lies in our passion to make a difference on a daily basis to the lives of the young people who come through our doors. Each of our institutions has its own distinctive ethos and values, but we share a goal to ensure that every young person has access to an excellent educational experience.
The core aim of our partnership is to improve and further develop the quality of education provision across Salisbury and the surrounding villages for the benefit of all young people in the area, by creating a sustainable education partnership that, through the achievements of its young people enhances the reputation of education across Salisbury
The successful candidate will be:
- An individual with experience of working in an education Estates department
- Experienced in producing compliance records
- Experienced in overseeing busy, complex and numerous properties
- Have Knowledge of building legislation and estate management
- Experienced in working with Estates staff and management teams
The role will involve:
- Assisting with the overseeing the running of MLP estates, working directly with the Head of Estates to plan and execute a management plan of the properties
- Communicating with and supporting relevant site and housekeeping staff
- Managing contracts and contractors
- Ensuring that buildings are compliant with the relevant legislation and fit for purpose
- Managing utilities, relevant insurance, creating estate manuals and ensuring competitive quotes on any works or contracts
- Managing multiple properties, maintaining oversight and contact with sites and teams
- Acting as first point of contact for staff and contractors relating to Primary schools and other small resourced educational settings
- Assist the Head of Estates in managing the MLP Estates portfolio undertaking projects to benefit all sites as necessary
Our Trust is still in a growth phase and this role is likely to change over time as a result. There is a potential opportunity for the successful candidate to develop with the role and influence the shape of the role over time.
Grade L (starting £34,728 , rising to £37,890)
37 hours per week plus 25 days holiday, Some flexibility of hours is possible within our core hours of 8.30 – 6pm.
The role will be flexible with some travel around our sites with a desk available at Sarum Academy in Salisbury.
- Enrolment in the local government pension scheme for Wiltshire
- Bike to work scheme
- Staff discounts
Train to teach
Applications being taken now for September 2020 with SUPA Salisbury, go to our website or look at SUPA page on this website for further information. Contact Caroline Smith email@example.com
Wyvern St Edmund’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
All leaders involved in interviewing have up to date safer recruitment training.
MLP Intervention Teachers of English and Mathematics.
Required for 1st January 2021,Full or Part time.
Magna Learning Partnership requires outstanding, dedicated and flexible teachers of English and Mathematics to support our high quality teaching and learning. As a result of Covid-19 we have students in our schools and our sixth forms who will benefit from one to one and small group support to ensure success at GCSE and beyond. The role will entail working across two or more academies out of our three secondary schools and sixth form college.
We will be flexible for the very best candidates. We can offer permanent roles or temporary roles until the end of the academic year. We are willing to consider full or part time opportunities.
– Teachers are required from 1st January 2020, or sooner if available
– For the remainder of the academic year the role focus is catch up tutoring across two or more academies; from September 2021 candidates will join one of our academies as a permanent teacher
– A competitive salary and a recruitment bonus is available for outstanding candidates.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Wednesday, 14th October 2020. Please go to the Magna Learning Partnership website for an application pack or email Lynne Carley at