Mass Lateral Flow Testing for March Full Opening
3rd March: All students with consent will have now received their appointment for their first Lateral Flow Test this week. We have emailed further information this week and posted updates on Facebook.
WSE Lateral Flow Testing Risk Asssessment
Home Testing Guidance
As you are aware upon returning to school, our students will be asked to take their first three tests at school under the supervision of a trained person. They will carry out the fourth test themselves using a home kit. Students will then continue taking twice-weekly tests using a home test kit provided by the school and we will provide information on reporting test results.
This week the government has announced that households with primary school, secondary school and college age children, including childcare and support bubbles, can test themselves twice every week at home as schools return from Monday 8 March.
Around one in three people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still pass it on to others. Regular testing of people without symptoms (asymptomatic testing) is important to help stop the virus spreading.
As a school we cannot give test kits to parents, carers or household members. You will need to organise your own tests and this can be done via a number of options detailed below. Please be aware that further options are being explored, but for the moment you can organise a test as set out below:
- Via employers if they offer testing to employees
- At a local test site. Testing at these sites is assisted, which means you will swab yourself under the supervision of a trained operator. You may need to book an appointment. Find your nearest rapid lateral flow test site.
- By collecting a home test kit from a test site. You can collect up to four home test kits at a local collection point. Each kit contains seven tests. Anyone 18 or over can collect. You can check online if the location is busy before you go. Find your nearest home test kit collection point.
- By ordering a home test kit online. Please do not order online if you can get a test through other methods. This frees up home delivery for those who need it most. Order rapid lateral flow home test kits
The test will come with instructions on reporting test results. If anyone tests positive or gets coronavirus symptoms, they should tell the school and:
- self-isolate immediately
- get a PCR test to confirm the result
- follow the stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
A negative result means the test did not find signs of coronavirus. But this does not guarantee you do not have coronavirus, so you should keep following all coronavirus advice including:
- regular handwashing
- social distancing
- wearing a face covering where recommended
There is also more guidance here on who can be tested and how you can get a test.
Please do not contact the school regarding household testing as we will not be able to provide any further information than we have shared above.Thank you.